Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Recital time



This is so cool! I just saw this kind of thing on my cousin's site and had this from A's recital last night. Dad's out of town, so I took a short MPEG for him to see A's voice recital. I was too far back in the Chapel to get a clear shot and the wiggly 4 year old on my lap makes the visual even worse, so you'll have to listen more than watch. Here's a better picture of her singing.




S was so glad to be through with her recital. She played first and that was good. She wanted so badly to get through with it. Her instructor made a neat CD recording of her playing several pieces during her lessons this semester. She started taking piano halfway through the semester after begging for several weeks to take lessons again. She enjoys sitting down at the piano and piddling around. She played her piece perfectly, but she'd rather play in the privacy of her own home than the huge platform of the worship center at the church on the Steinway. Where did she get that??

1 comment:

onemotherslove said...

Tell A she's awesome! I've loved that song since the first time I ever saw The Muppet Movie, which was long, long ago!!! (ok, I love anything Kermit) I remember sitting in my room with my denim-look suitcase record player, playing that song over & over. And watching the movie at Grandmama's house every year when it came on TV.