Mawmaw gave us a cutting from her Passion Flower Vine last summer. We planted it in the backyard and it took off vining across the fence into the neighbor's yard. No blooms, but lots of vines. We were hoping to get some blooms this summer. Mawmaw's has already started (nice humid south!). We were so excited when we got back from New York (post in progress) last week and found all these buds popping out. Too many to count! (those fat round green things below)

I looked earlier today to see how it was going and HAD to have missed this, because look what I found just before it got dark tonight!! (It was kind of hidden under one of the groups of leaves.) Isn't this the most amazing flower??!! I can't wait to see the rest of these buds all pop open!! I'm just amazed by the intricate blossom of this flower!! Unbelievable detail!
1 comment:
That is gorgeous! I've never seen anything like it.
Post a Comment