Friday, July 21, 2006

Last Swim pictures

Well, at least I got 6 pictures in that last post. I was stuck on 3 for several posts before that. I've got to figure out what is causing the problem I'm having where I can't upload more than 3 photos to a post. This messes up my orderliness!

Here are two more pictures of A's summer swimming. She competed in the Championship Meet for the Dallas Amateur Swimming Association and placed 1st in 3 events in her division as well as 4th in another event in her division. We were so proud of her! Her 3 first places allowed her the priviledge of competing in the All-Star meet last Monday. She was playing with the big guns there! Those girls were huge and fast! Most, I dare-say, had been swimming since they were 4 or 5. For A to be there competing with them after only one year of swim training was outstanding. She was disappointed in her "slow" finishes, but we were so glad that she didn't get discouraged and quit. She pushed hard to the end and did a great job. Oh, and at the DASA championship meet, her team won the big 1st place trophy for their division! They actually "ran away" with the trophy with the huge number of points they accrued! A and her 2 relay teams got to contribute to that win! It was a great experience for her and great to hear her disappointment that swim season was over even though she didn't win any of her usual blue ribbons at this last meet! She still wanted to keep on swimming.


Dad and A at the Championship Meet last week. Mom didn't get to go because she was in charge of the music camp going on at church during the same time that day. (What a disappointment to not be there to see A win her last 3 blue ribbons of the season!) Dad took pictures and videos so Mom got to see some of it. Dad was so proud of his little swimmer!




Not too much bubble eating this last day of the All-Stars, but they still had team spirit! They all wrote on each other's backs "Eat Our Bubbles". Must be a "swim" thing. There were some teams that had shirts with that logo - that and "Breathing is Overrated" . . . Swim humor?? :-)

2 comments:

Grandpa said...

I don't know what the problem is but we have been having trouble with picture layout in blogger also.

onemotherslove said...

Sissy has that 3 photo thing, too. I always upload my photos first, then go back in & add the text beside them. I have only had uploading problems once, but often have trouble going back to edit text to get it aligned how I want it.