for the weather in Colorado Springs. Being exhauasted, I had no choice but to take a short nap (short flight) in our first class seats. Dad had cashed in some upgrades so we could fly first class on our 5 star trip. Thank goodness the flight attendant woke me up with warm cookies so I could fully enjoy our comfy seats.Our landing was smooth, rental car pick up was quick and the drive to the resort was fairly short.
Driving onto the resort grounds was a bit overwhelming.
The gate guard stopped us to confirm we had reservations and from that point on, we were Mr. & Mrs. to everyone. They put a printed tag on our dashboard and every time we drove up, the valet attendants were so numerous and calling us by name we had trouble knowing which one to tip. We got there a bit early and our room wasn't ready, so we checked our luggage and did some walking.
We found a place for lunch and then decided to get the car and drive up to Seven Falls and Garden of the Gods for some sightseeing. There is so much to do in the Colorado Springs area and you don't have to drive for hours to get to it all.
He walked in with our luggage and pulled the luggage stands out of the closet and started setting up the suitcases. I really though he was going to start unpacking them for us. He stood there (invading my space - you know how I am with my space) and proceeded to tell us everything we needed to know about the area. If I hadn't been so exhausted and still reeling from the sudden altitude change, I might have heard more of what he said. I was at a 45 degree tilt the whole time he was increasing his tip. He was a very nice man and he got a very nice tip by the time he headed out the door 15 minutes later. We did a lot of walking around the resort. The fall colors were amazing and the whole atmosphere was so peaceful. We stayed in the main building, but there were at least a dozen other buildings as well surrounding the lake in the middle of the resort.
We rode the cog train to the top of Pikes Peak. These trees are actually growing straight up - that's how steep the grade was up the mountain on this train!
It was so cold at the top of Pikes Peak and the air was so thin, we could hardly breath outside in the wind.
Outside the resort, the colors were beautiful (the Senior Open golf tournament will be held here next year). And inside the buildings, the decor and details were amazing.
One of our many nice meals, we enjoyed dinner our last night at one of the classy spots on property: Summit. Very contemporary and VERY good. And very green. Everything was green...
And speaking of green, I'm saving up to go back to this place. It was a WONDERFUL getaway...




.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment