When we moved in to our house we built 8 years ago, we planted a fig tree that was clipped from one at Little Mawmaw & Pawpaw's house in Louisiana by way of Mawmaw & Pawpaw's house in Houston. It was a little bitty foot-tall stick in the ground in January 1999. We hoped it would grow. Here's what it looks like today!! (I got Little Buddy to pose as a reference.)


We lost a huge limb a couple of years ago during a storm, but it filled back in without a hitch. Dad hasn't trimmed it to grow taller so we can reach the figs as they ripen. I guess it just keeps growing out to the sides instead! The limbs are so heavy with little figs right now! We can never keep up with the fig growth, so any help picking will be welcomed when the time comes this summer!! (And you're welcome to take some lirope with you as well - it's starting to take over in the garden now!)
4 comments:
jumping up and down waving hand
I love figs and love to make fig preserves!! We'll come a fig pickin'!!!!!!
Would love to help too. Maybe I can even sweet talk Athena into teaching me to make fig preserves. Looks like you could have a figgy party on your hands!!
Man! I hope I don't get left out in the fig harvest! Can you believe I would drive that far for a few figs?
We're only 20 minutes farther than IKEA! I can't believe you drive that far to go to IKEA!
Post a Comment