Thursday, August 30, 2007

School's IN!!!

Did Summer seem extra long to anyone else? I know we got a late start, but those 2 extra weeks seemed more like 2 extra MONTHS! I think everyone in our house was overjoyed on Monday when they finally got to go back to school. Bit wasn't quite as excited, but she was a little apprehensive about having Athletics first period and what that was going to be like. She began her first workout yesterday as her physical papers were finally in order and she was groaning this morning about getting out of bed for her 6:30 workout today. I told her today was nothing like tomorrow would be so get to moving! (such encouragement.) She's decided to do Cross Country (Dad's excited) and she ran her first mile yesterday. She was discouraged about her time (11 minutes), but I told her it was better than mine! She gave me a look...


I was on my own taking the kids to school on Monday, so it took a while to make it around to everyone's class.


Here they are walking in...









Little Buddy has an orderly, neat, young and pretty teacher this year. I don't know her, but I know his teacher last year had a big part of making sure he had just the right teacher this year, so I think it's going to be a good fit for him. He's already gotten a note about talking too much... We can't expect miracles, but I do think this year will be a notch up on the behavior ladder! Surely!



Little Girl is excited about her own desk and her own locker.









The locker part was what she kept coming back to when asked about her favorite part of the day!

She's a big first grader now, so she gets to be treated more like a "big kid". She's so fun and giggly.


Well, Bear wouldn't stop talking to her friends when I finally got to her room the first day. Could be a concern, but I got a note from her teacher this morning saying Bear is a sweetheart! She said she was so respectful and she listens, participates and follows directions. Oh, I dream of the day that someone says that about her brother!!

No comments: