Sunday, August 26, 2007

Snake Handling

This post is dedicated to Mawmaw & Aunt Cynthia with love. Enjoy!

In getting ready for Aunt Cynthia's wedding, we "unearthed" some fun for the kids ... a nest of just-beginning-to-hatch baby snakes in the pile of fresh mulch delivered for the flower beds around Aunt Melissa's backyard! Uncle Phil assured us they were Boa Constrictors which, at this size, aren't constricting a whole lot.

Ethan holds the snake out for everyone to see. He's the only brave young'in to begin with. Although, Little Buddy is chomping at the bit to get his turn.


























Little Buddy proudly holds the little pet - or is the little pet holding on to Little Buddy??
















Bit says, "Ok, I'll give it a try." But her face says, "Ok, I gave it try! Now someone take this thing off of me!"












Bit's skin crawls as she can still feel the creature crawling on her...














Bit gets over being all "girly" and gives the snake another try.




Dad holds one of the 5 little snakes that were found as they dug through the mulch. The kept discovering more freshly hatched eggs! Some of the little snakes still had little umbilical-type things attached to them!

Little Girl says, "Y'all can have all the fun you want over there with those slithery things! I'll just sit here in the Barbie Jeep and pretend like I'm driving FAR away!"

1 comment:

Grandpa said...

I guess these were not rattlesnakes since rattlers are born alive.