Little Girl got to dance in her studio's presentation of "The Nutcracker" this year. Her class did the "Russian Dance". I was so fortunate as to sit directly in front of talking dads for both performances. I was irritated... And I was taken back to my 17th birthday when my parents' birthday present to me were tickets for our family to go see the Fort Worth Ballet perform "The Nutcracker". Having viewed the slide show every year in elementary school, and read some version of the story multiple times, I knew exactly what to expect. My dad, however, hadn't a clue... He leaned over and asked me over and over what was happening all during the performance. There should be a mandatory waiver signed by dads in the audience stating that they have read the story and they understand that they will not ask questions out loud during the performance...
Anyway, I tried to get some good pictures of Little Girl on stage during dress rehearsal, but the lighting wasn't set and my pictures didn't turn out very good at all. And of course, Little Girl was being
ornery and wouldn't "pose" for a picture in her costumes. Sometimes, candid shots are a nice change of pace, though.



Her jazz class did a dance to "The Polar Express". It was a fun dance and probably her favorite one so far. She liked the hat. :-)
2 comments:
I thought the best way to understand was to ask questions!
All questions shall be asked PRIOR to the beginning of the performance. Speak then, or forever hold your peace!
Post a Comment