Mom had been looking for some sort of "game table" for the family room for some time now. E-bay had stuff every now and then at somewhat reasonable prices, but not being the ambitious auction-type person, well, E-bay's just scary! So, then came the e-mail saying that they needed to move out all these tables from the church. They were neat tables - a bit beat up due to so much use and abuse, but they didn't store well and the room they were in was being renovated and the tables would no longer be needed in there. After much searching, it was decided that there really wasn't a good place for them to be used or stored so they would just give them away. Too bad they couldn't sell them. I'd have bought one!As it was, I got to take one home. I was so excited. And Dad said he'd get it all cleaned up and looking good as new. And a couple of months later, that he did. He stripped it and used tongue oil on the top. The legs were obviously a different wood, so he had to use a stain there to get the color about even with the top. And it's so cool to have it in the family room now. At the moment it's covered in a 1000 piece puzzle (and some dust), but I don't have any pictures of that.



.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment