Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Plethora of Passion

We have a very passionate backyard. I am in love with my Passion Flower Vine. I had to take some special pictures this week just in case she doesn't survive the weekend. As you can tell, we need a new fence... I hope to be able to take some survival pictures next week with a beautiful new fence behind her.



It is unbelievable the number of blooms on this vine! There are hundreds of blooms, spent blooms and buds about to bloom.








You can see these blooms surrounded by buds.

This shot shows some of the spent blooms as well.










The intricate details of these blooms are so amazing!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Must ... love ... plethora!!!

I hope it survives. It really is beautiful!

onemotherslove said...

That is gorgeous! I couldn't grow one of those in West Texas. Maybe in my new backyard...

Grandpa said...

Great flower pictures! I like your old fence. It has character.

Beaver said...

Too many storms lately have taken advantage of that "character" and it's only being held up in places because of heavy mulch...

Also, SE, I think this vine has thrived here because of mid-day sun and LOTS of water. It's shaded morning and afternoon and it's located in a heavy drainage area where it's ALWAYS wet. You can tell that the grass is having a hard time taking hold there, too...

Enjoying Life Together said...

Beautiful flowers! And great family photo on UMHB website. Where were you? Looks like mountains. You need to head east to NC! ~Sabrina

onemotherslove said...

I just love the word "plethora"!