Friday, June 20, 2008

I finally made it to California - and BACK

I was praying that if California is ever going to fall off into the ocean, please don't let it by while I'm there for the first time. It didn't help that Dad says to me on his way out of the hotel room the first morning that if an earthquake comes, remember to get out of the building. Well, I was awake then, thank you very much.

Obviously we got back home safely and other than that it was a very nice trip. The weather was incredible. Absolutely perfect. We arrived back in Dallas to a "balmy..." something - I didn't catch the temperature because I was stuck on the word "balmy". For that, I was wanting to get back on the airplane and head back to CA.
This is where Dad had meetings each morning. No, really, he had meetings here each morning.

We went to Muir Woods - one of the redwood forests close to San Francisco. AWESOME trees! Dad got called a "tree hugger". He wouldn't "hug" anymore trees for me - perspective or not.

Dad at the Golden Gate Bridge leading into San Francisco. Even in May it was windy and chilly up on that hill looking down into the bay.

We met my cousin and her husband in SF for the day since they live fairly close to the city.

1 comment:

Grandpa said...

We are in the Bay area today and the temp is 105!!