Friday, September 12, 2008

We Beat Ike!

We've woken up every morning this week to drizzly rain and wondered if the trucks would come despite the on-again-off-again rain. We desperately hoped the foundation would be poured and set before all the major hurricane storms hit this weekend. I checked by the lot Thursday morning before I headed out of town all day for a meeting and when I got back I was both thrilled and hugely disappointed.

They had poured the foundation that day!

I had missed getting pictures of the big concrete pumping truck!

I was so looking forward to getting that picture for the books. Plus I knew Little Buddy would think that was just way cool. By the time I got to the lot that afternoon, the regular cement truck was pouring the last of the double garage to finish up the foundation.








We had a meeting with the construction super today and then went out to watch them begin to pour the aggregate driveway.









The driveway and most of the sidewalk is now poured. I don't know when they'll come back and do the rest of the drive down to the street. They're waiting until after Ike dissipates to deliver the framing package. We should actually see a house on the lot by this time next week. Oh, so exciting!

VERY surprising - Dad let Little Buddy climb up into the Cat that they left sitting on our the lot this afternoon after doing a bit of rough grading after all the foundation work. Cool photo op.

No comments: