
They had originally installed the pole on the southern corner of the lot. However, the hook up was actually on the northern corner of the lot. Don't know, didn't ask... So, I think that because there was no utility pole there, the unknown and covered up electrical box just got clobbered by all the equipment out there. THEN, they had to replace the box to get the
utility pole hooked up so the framers could start working with their compressors. I'm so glad we knew about the electrical hold-up or I might have gone nuts looking for progress on the framing all week long. As it was, the box finally got repaired late Wednesday. Utility pole hooked up on Thursday and - woo-hoo - walls on Friday.
utility pole hooked up so the framers could start working with their compressors. I'm so glad we knew about the electrical hold-up or I might have gone nuts looking for progress on the framing all week long. As it was, the box finally got repaired late Wednesday. Utility pole hooked up on Thursday and - woo-hoo - walls on Friday.

Then on Saturday, we found our first "stuck in stone" woe... Our 2nd bathroom (Little Buddy's) has a drain set for a shower instead of a tub. It's on the 1st floor, so it's LITERALLY stuck in stone... Of course, all the plans show a tub. There are good things, of course, and we'll probably get a nicer tile out of the deal. BUT, who thinks Little Buddy is going to be squeegeeing his glass shower every day...?? Yeah, exactly! Ugh. I really liked the idea of just buying him a new shower liner every few months for his tub. Every time he uses our glass shower in our bathroom, it's like shower, conditioner and soap explosions all over the place... Ugh. BUT, I did pray many times over the past 24 hours for God to help me come to a peace about his bathroom situation (oh, my goodness, how bad is my OCD! What a drop in the bucket of other things worth worrying about!) and I do feel much better about the discovery now. It's certainly not like we're going to have them infringe upon the integrity of the foundation by moving the drain now... The 2nd floor is decked and they should be starting the 2nd floor framing bright and early Monday morning. No rain predicted for the week, so it should be a very productive house-building week.
In the mean time, it's utter chaos in our current residence as we prepare to move out of our home of 10 years next weekend... Even the kids are feeling the bittersweet emotions of the move from the only house they've really ever known. Bit got "stuck" yesterday in her packing and just couldn't do anymore. She was overwhelmed. I found her sitting on the floor in her room just staring at everything. It's nice to know they feel an attachment and appreciation for what we have here. Four more school nights of shower sergeant duty as the kids share one bathroom... I REALLY have great visions of how much easier it's going to be in the rent house with a couple more bathrooms for the kids. High hopes.
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment