Quite the "family weekend"... We had a "family game night" where the kids planned this MAJOR rotation deal only to have the parents say "let's just pick one game." I don't know where they get their planning and organizing tendencies... Anyway, we ended up playing LIFE for 2 1/2 hours. TWO AND A HALF HOURS! ONE activity for us for THAT long. Amazing! And it took TWO AND A HALF HOURS because we had to read the instructions every time someone had a turn. Have you played a new game of LIFE lately? Oh, my goodness it is SO much more complicated now that when I played as a kid. Kind of reflects life now, I guess. It was really a lot of fun and everyone did a great job playing. Dad got a little impatient, but we were all ready for bed by the time we got everything counted up. Sorry, no pictures. (Mom was too busy reading the instructions and tending the "bank"...)
So, the next day we went on a family hike.
We went way out in the *country*.

We hiked for *miles*.



Across the creek (tree line) is our dentist's house. He has longhorns (boo!) and a really cool barn.
Oh, and look at that! There's our new house over there! (far right).
Ok, so we really just walked down the street into all the undeveloped area north of our new house.
It really was a hike, though! They're dumping dirt and rocks down there. Hmmm, I think I know where we might get some landscaping materials. Shhh....
No comments:
Post a Comment