So, here's a very disjointed (to me anyway) report on how the house is progressing. Hang on because this is a long picture-filled post...
The painters were finally able to get back outside yesterday to finish painting all the trim on the outside. Still didn't get the little wooden thing on the front, though. Did they miss it?


The beadboard is installed and stained on the back porch. They still have to come back and touch up the trim around the stained part.
All the interior doors and most of the mouldings are trimmed out. The painters have been working for a week now, but the rain slowed them down outside. Can't wait to "repaint" some of the rooms with our own colors. It's ridiculous how much they want to charge for "custom colors". I miss my "Gobi Desert" from the old house...
Well, they've installed almost all the interior doors. The french doors into the study are still missing.
Closet rods and shelves are in place. I think I've figured out how to arrange my VERY OWN personal closet. It's not big, but it's MINE. :-)

The kitchen cabinets are another long story, but we're excited about the dark color. I think they had to re-order some of the cabinets because they forgot about moving the microwave to make room for the double oven. Yeah, double oven! Bread and meat - two different temps - done at the same time! :-)
We didn't "upgrade" much, but we definitely wanted the stone on the fireplace. I keep thinking they're going to finish it so I can take a "complete" picture, but it hasn't happened yet.
They delivered dirt yesterday. I don't know why, but I took a picture. I mean, I don't know what the dirt is for. I took a picture because it was new. I know why I took the picture.

Here's a picture of the dent in the garage door. And they still have to switch out the windows in the single garage. They're backordered.And today, the tile guys brought all their goodies! They said (yes, I talked to them, too...) they would be done in 2 or 3 days. That's so funny since it took Dad and I WEEKS (weeks!) to tile our kitchen, laundry room and 2 bathrooms last summer. These guys have 6 bathrooms, a kitchen/breakfast room, laundry room, mud room and lots of hallways to tile. Oh, plus all the showers/tubs and the kitchen backsplash. They're so good... 

I was so excited to see the tile we picked out. It's been 5 months since we saw it last, so I couldn't remember what it looked like. I guess this is it. Looks like it, I guess. This one is the main tile for most of the areas downstairs. (except Little Buddy's bathroom) Already looks dirty. I consider that a good thing.

This one is the tile for all the secondary bathrooms. I'm not sure I'm real crazy about it, but too late now! No, I'm sure it will be fine. It kind of looks dirty, too. I'll consider that its redeeming quality.

This one is the tile for all the secondary bathrooms. I'm not sure I'm real crazy about it, but too late now! No, I'm sure it will be fine. It kind of looks dirty, too. I'll consider that its redeeming quality.

.jpg)

4 comments:
Exciting times! I know you're anxious to get it all done and move in.
~S
Sounds exciting! What is your new street address?
Oh, that fire place is pretty! I'd love to take some "after" photos, too, but now my problem is that the place is too full of boxes! : )
I'm horrible at taking "real" after pictures because I never really feel like it's "done"!
Hey, isn't it great to move while you're pregnant? "Put that there." "Put that here." Yeah, it's great in theory...
Post a Comment