Thursday, December 25, 2008

In a Knitting Frenzy


So, while I was in the knitting mood, Dad suggested that I make a scarf for the niece and a matching scarf for her American Girl doll. And being someone who always feels I should do more, I thought it would be nice for her to have a hat. Of course, it’s only a couple of days before Christmas at this point. And, of course, I worked day and night to get it done. Even between services on Christmas Eve when we weren’t singing in each of the 4 services. Now, I did have to wait until the gifts were opened today to start on the doll hat so I could figure out what size it needed to be, but it was probably the easiest of the items to do. Surprised me. And being a new hat-knitter, I was quite proud of myself for figuring out how to make the little hat. :-)
Mom with the serious look of concentration while trying to figure out a way to make a doll-sized hat. Bear's learning to knit, too.

2 comments:

Grandpa said...

Congratulations on your accomplishment.

lb said...

What can't you do? Thank you for all the great work you do with W & A. I am blessed to see you at work this Christmas season.