Monday, December 29, 2008

Looks Can Deceive

We still have a month to go. Yeah! Plenty of time to nit-pick!

It does look like it's ready to go, but there are still a few "major" things to tend to.

The front door is wrong. It's supposed to have "rain glass". I really don't want everyone to have a completely clear view into my house when they stand at the door.

They cut the hole in the kitchen countertop wrong for the cook top. They have to replace that whole piece of granite before the stove can be installed.

They still have to cut into the 2nd retaining wall in the backyard to put the stone steps in.

And, of course, there's all the little pieces of blue tape to contend with. Aren't there always places for blue tape when you're finishing up building a new house?

The kitchen has been painted and the wonderful double oven is in. So exciting!




They took off all the plastic to get to the areas that need touch up. So cool to finally see the staircase completely!

The carpentry guys finally finished the mudroom unit and got it installed and stained. I was so excited to see how it turned out. I LOVE the prospect of having a special room for everyone's "junk" they come in and out of the house with! And that's Little Buddy's bedroom door to the right. The garage door is just to the right of that and I'm standing in the laundry room door to take this picture. Is that a perfect spot for the boy to be housed or what?!


The fireplace mantels got stained and installed. Definitely finishes it out.



The master bathroom mirrors are cool. And the bathroom is painted now.





We turned all the lights on one night to see how they looked. With a street lamp to the right of this picture and all the other exterior lighting, I'd say it's a well- lit house...





... a little TOO well-lit. I don't think we'll be using all these lights at one time. At least not on a regular basis... (Oh, and there's a flood light on the rear corner of the house behind the single car garage - didn't have it on for the pic...)





3 comments:

Grandpa said...

Looking Good!

onemotherslove said...

I hate blue tape.

Jodi said...

Looks beautiful!!! I'm sure you are anxious to move in!!