Friday, February 06, 2009

Moving In

It was a long and fun-filled week of moving, painting, building and installing. Once we got the keys on Monday, we went right to work installing blinds and taping off rooms where we were painting. We started moving on Tuesday and got most of our stuff moved before the weather got bad.
Dad installed the most important first blind - the powder bath window right beside the front door.


Bear helps Dad with the first splash of color in the new house. Boy, did that "Jamaican Bay" look bright on those walls! Dad kept calling me back in there (I was taping other rooms) and asking me if I was SURE about the color. I told him to trust the paint. I was trying to convince myself...

The first morning we woke up in the house, we were iced in. (Gee, what would we do stuck at home all day???) Heidi SOOO wanted to explore her new backyard.

A sign that construction was complete - I got a picture of the port-a-potty being taken away just like I got a picture of it being delivered. Ok, so it's kind of weird...




We loved having a fan in our master bathroom in our old house. We had them block and wire for the fan and we (ok, Dad & Poppa) put one up. Bit of a tall ceiling...









This is the only shot I've gotten of Bit's "Lavender Sparkle" room. She's been sick this week. Heidi's taking care of her...






Little Girl's "April Blush" room. It's just a tad pink... She LOVES it. She has more space between her beds than we'd expected, so we're in search of a desk or something in place of the temporary tables. Hope to get her curtains made soon. Had the fabric since last July...

Amazingly, Little Buddy's room has looked like this for an entire week. Mom is LOVING having him downstairs and so centrally located.










Once Bear's room got blinds, furniture and bedding, her wall color appeared more toned down. She absolutely loves her space and her great grandparents refurbished furniture.
Bear commented a few days ago that she loved the new house. I asked her why and she said it wasn't too big, but it wasn't too small. It was just right. I completely agree. It's so nice to finally be "home".

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Love the room colors!!!
I bet y'all are so happy to finally be home!!

Anonymous said...

So that's what Jamaican Bay looks like! Wow, that's some color. :)

Enjoying Life Together said...

So happy for you to be "done"...at least enough to live in it. I'm sure you still have your to-do list for other projects. :)

Welcome home!

P.S. Email me your new address. I'm just about ready to mail our "Christmas/Happy 2009" cards.