Saturday, March 21, 2009

I LOVE Repurposing!

Now linked up at Kari & Kijsa's "Trash to Treasure Party"!

After some furniture rearranging, we had a desk that ended up homeless. Not for long! It was scary for Dad to watch, but Mom attacked with vengeance and - ta-da! Time for some garage sale-ing!! I'm hooked!




So, to sum it up...


Before...



After...











15 comments:

Grandpa said...

Good job Wendell!

Beaver said...

Hey!! That was MY job! :-)

Jodi said...

Beautiful!!! You do good work lady!
Thanks for the tour the other day!
The kids loved it too!

kari and kijsa said...

This looks amazing- a fabulous trash to treasure!!
beautiful job!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

bj said...

fan-tas-tic !! This is really beautiful. Great job!

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Wow - what a difference...love the handle change too! We are invisioning a beautiful painted white chair with a great fluffy, ruffled cushion on it now....we'll keep a look out for you!
Karla & Karrie

kari and kijsa said...

Amy,

kijsa posted the other comment...but I had to leave one too in support of your fabulous transformation! Love the comment from grandpa!

Thanks for the inspiration!

smiles, kari (& kijsa)

Tiffany said...

Very pretty. No matter how many times I see it, I'm always amazed at what a little paint can do.

sara said...

Very nice! It looks like a whole different desk!

Lazy Mom Leslie said...

Perfect! A new home for an old piece is always a wonderful thing!

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

It just got a whole new life to live!!
Marcela & Clara

Cheryl said...

I love painted furniture, great job! I think men don't like furniture painted because they are "cavemen" and like things natural LOL

Jane said...

The new hardware is so fresh looking. Nice job!

Angie said...

Looks awesome! Paint is such a great transformer!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Great job! Beautiful transformation!

Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents