
Our last moment of dryness - prior to leaving the hotel for the rainy trip to the DAR Constitution Hall.

I'm sure I'm a bit biased... :-) But, I think the Youth Choir's part of the concert was the most awesome. It was also the longest. The music was varied and the conductor was very personable on stage. He spent a few minutes (while instruments were setting up) explaining some background on some of the songs. They sounded incredible!!
They did a collection of African folk songs (welcome songs) that was really fun. The director had a friend who had spent time with the kids in Kenya and videoed them singing and dancing. The friend taught the choir some toned down choreography that would be safe on the risers. (see You Tube video below) As soon as the video company has samples on their website for this year (http://www.imageonemedia.com/), I'll let you know. I can't wait to get the DVD!
Oh, I SO hope the girls make it again next year! And they do, too. The convention is in Dallas next year - close enough for the whole family to come. AND, the concert is going to be at the MEYERSON! How awesome is that?!
This picture is the Concert Choir (high school). I didn't think to get a big shot of the hall when the Youth Choir was singing.

It was after midnight by the time we got back to the hotel from the concert and dinner. I am SO glad we had a late flight on Sunday because that gave us time to sleep in, pack and get a late check-out. We ate a leisurely lunch at the hotel and then hung out in the (warm & dry!) hotel lobby until it was time to catch a cab to the airport. The girls acted silly while I played with some settings on my camera and charged my laptop so I could scrapbook on the airplane.
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment