Thursday, March 12, 2009

OAKE in DC

Twelve hours after getting on the airplane to DC, the girls started their first rehearsal for the OAKE National Youth Choir. I'm such a music person... I had tears in my eyes when they started singing. Such a sap! As I thought, I couldn't tear myself away once they started singing. I sat enthralled through the whole 2 hour rehearsal.



The director is very different from Bit's last experience, but he is still exceptional. They hardly knew when the "games" became "working" on the music. The transition (if there was one) was seamless. I love watching that in action. He did an awesome job of connecting with them, too. Very personable, but still in charge.




The girls headed out early this morning for a good breakfast at a corner cafe on their way up the hill to the rehearsal location. They've got the long haul today. 8:30-4:00. I made myself leave before they started singing so I could head back to the hotel room to get some rest and try to get rid of the "exhuastion headache". (Does blogging count as resting..??)


Happy daffodils along the way. And they're surrounded by HUNDREDS (thousands!) of bulbs just poking out of the ground or beginning to bloom. Oh, to see this place two weeks from now!



So, Mawmaw, what is this one? I don't recognize it and there seem to be all sorts of colors coming up.












1 comment:

Grandpa said...

The blue one looks like a hyacinth.