Friday, April 03, 2009

A Curtain - or A Bedskirt?

Thanks to Amy, I had a quick and easy curtain ready-made for Little Buddy's bedroom and bathroom. With a little leftover fabric (see honey, aren't you glad I kept that??), a couple of 1x4's and a staple gun, see a crib bedskirt go from hanging near the floor to hanging near the ceiling. Ok, so it sat in a box somewhere for a few years in between.

I was amazed at how well-planned Amy had made the crib bedskirt 9 years ago. The long side fit perfectly across the bedroom window and one of the shorter sides *just* fit the bathroom window. How did she know we would have windows that size someday? She's amazing. Too bad she moved away...


Now, how wrong is it that the BOY gets the first (and only, so far) curtains up in the house...

Oh, I guess I also have to note that after only two months in the house, Little Buddy also got a room re-do. He "inherited" a day bed from the grandparents so that we could have room to get his drums out of boxes in the garage. The LAST of the boxes in the garage, I might note. And the FIRST boxes that were packed up last summer when we put the house on the market. He has started his lessons up again. Unfortunately (fortunately??), he doesn't spend a lot of time practicing. I am itching to paint in there! Those walls are so blah! I need some "Gobi Desert"!

No comments: