Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Photography Fun

"For my birthday", Dad signed me up for a photography club in town. I've gone a couple of times with a friend. We sit there enthralled, confused and overwhelmed at times. We always come away having learned something new. Just don't ask us to tell you what it is.

One reason for getting a new camera was to "take better pictures in poor light settings - such as school assemblies". They always have the lights turned OFF where the kids are when you want to get their picture (because of the projector screen). So, last week when Little Girl was getting an award, I was camera ready with a few new tricks I'd learned at my last club meeting. Are you laughing yet? You should be. By the time she was called, I had goofed up the camera so bad the pictures were just blurs on the screen. I'm so good!
I like natural light so much better. Less room for error. On my part.



I couldn't decide between the natural color and the sepia for this one. I suppose it's kind of cool that the picture is off-center and the swing (prior to paint) is all weathered looking. I like how half her face is shadow and half is light.




This picture of Bit is cropped way down (because she was wearing a spaghetti strap shirt while she was painting little toes in the backyard for her sister and a friend.) Of course, being 13, you have to wear earrings and lip gloss to paint little toes in the backyard. Hey, those are MY earrings!

Here's one thing I HAVE learned in my photo club meetings - it's not all about the TAKING of the picture. In the digital world, the EDITING has a LOT to do with the finished product. That's good for us fancy-camera-challenged people.

2 comments:

Grandpa said...

I can laugh because I have had my share of trying to take pictures at school functions!!

Jennifer said...

Yes, it is all about the editing!!!! At some point I will convince my husband to let me buy Lightroom!!