Thursday, September 16, 2010

Good Manners Lunch

One of our elementary schools has a LOT of community involvement. PLUS, the principal I used to work with is the principal there. ;) So, Little Buddy and I (and a couple of friends) got to decorate the cafeteria for a special "Good Manners Lunch" where the kids get to learn some extra good table manners. High goals for a school cafeteria! Since school got out early yesterday, I set the neighbor kids to work (I like to set them to work) on helping me put the little table centerpieces together. Don't look too closely. This is NOT what I was made to do...

The cafeteria crew all put on special chef hats for the event and really got into the idea of a "fancy" lunch. (of sorts)

Little Buddy is helping to tape the last table cloth to the table. Since the tables get 3 to 4 rounds of kids each, we had to think "durable" as well as "decorative"...


The food service guys set up a "fancy" table with linens, glasses, silver and china (ok, may not have been silver and china, but it wasn't plastic) to show the kids how a "proper" table should be set for fancy dinners.

The kindergarteners were the first to arrive and they just "ooooed" and "ahhhhd" at the tables. They were excited about sitting down to a "fancy" lunch at school.

No comments: