To the surprise of us all, Dad actually signed the papers to build a pool last month. (Let me pause while you pick yourself up off the floor...) He immediately emailed me a copy of the contract just to prove it. We were all stunned.
While he was gone on a mission trip to El Salvador with Bit and Bear this week they started digging. It's a good thing they did because after his week in Central America, he very well might have torn up the contract upon returning home. As it is, we have a crater in our backyard that will be our long-discussed pool.
Now, I have to wonder if we're just that picky or if everyone is as nerve wracked about the permanence of a pool structure in the backyard? I keep finding things to ask questions about. The placement of this rock here. The height of that step there. The space and color and... This is incredibly stressful!
It didn't take long for them to start putting forms up around the edges of the hole. I was amazed at how they could measure and tell exactly where to dig and how deep. Looked complicated to me.
It was absolutely perfect weather to be outside digging a pool.
The digger dug his way to the edge of the pool hole and then started working on the "deep" end. Not really that deep, but it looks that way for now. No diving board for us.
They had to move the maple tree to get the machine in the backyard, but they put the little guy back before they left. Hope it makes it! And they left QUITE a mess! It looks even worse out at the street. Thank goodness they're supposed to fix it all up before they're done. And thank goodness the contract says they'll fix the neighbor's yard, too... They spread their mess a little wide.
We're still in discussion about some details that have come up with elevation, so hopefully we'll have steel and concrete in a couple of days once we get these things figured out... Meeting with the designer in the morning.
.jpg)

3 comments:
That was a really big machine to be twirling around by your new patio.
See more than three people reading! And I am jealous!!!!!
I'll swim in your new pool the next time I'm in Texas! And yes, I'm still reading your blog... :)
~Sabrina
Post a Comment