Having never been a part of building a pool before, this has been quite an enlightening experience. One thing I have learned is that those guys really know what they're doing. And it's amazing to me that the hole I was concerned about here or the gap I was concerned about there actually had a purpose and all those guys knew what it was. I think we've been fortunate to have a team of workers on this project instead of individually contracted units that come when it's their turn to do something new in our backyard. The hole digging guys dug, but then the steel guys had to come and dig some more as they laid the steel after we had to make some minor changes to a few spots around the pool. And the plumbers were working right alongside the steel guys, digging and prepping their specific areas of the pool. The gunite guys knew what was supposed to be where even though there was steel sticking up here and there and the edges looked chaotic to me. And I still don't get why certain areas look the way they do. I'm trusting they know, though.

Bear and Little Girl (with a neighbor) are making use of the "tanning ledge" on a sunny Saturday afternoon... Goofballs! :)

Forms are set for the steel guys to start doing their thing. There were more forms set, but they had to dig out the waterfall steps and more areas for boulders in the back.

Steel is in and plumbing is plumbed. Some of the "funny" holes are starting to make sense. Still trying to figure out where the "water level" is going to be...

These guys made a MESS!! I mean three houses down and all over the yard kind of mess! They were incredibly loud. Their machinery truck took up the whole front of our house. It was obnoxious! SO SORRY, NEIGHBORS!!! :-/

And after a day of blowing and bellowing, we finally have a smooth cement pond in our backyard. And, low and behold, I discover that I have to "water" the thing for a week while it cures?? Seriously??

Oh, the things we have learned about building a pool...
1 comment:
Oh, but won't it be fun when the pool is "watering" you this summer! Just make sure you don't "cure" too much in the sun!! :)
Post a Comment